Sunday 6 December 2009

Star gazing

Star gazing - EWian

This couple is out on a winter day, looking at the stars.

I live in a wonderful place! There is not much light-pollution, so whenever it is not a clouded sky, or the sun shines to brightly, I can see the stars. I love it! Living in a city for many years, make me appreciate it even more. I am actually able to see the stars lying in my bed. Today I was out side looking at the stars, it is so much fun to challenges oneself to see if one recognise the stars and the constellation.

Star gazing detail - EWian
Star gazing detail

If you want to see how the sky is where you live you can go to this page:
http://www.heavens-above.com/skychart.aspx?SL=1&SN=1&lat=0&lng=0&loc=Unspecified&alt=0&tz=CET

This couple is out on a winter day, looking at the stars.

Medium used: ink, ink pencil, watersoluble wax pastel and gesso.

2 comments:

Artsnark said...

I love this piece! So peaceful

Sueann said...

Wonderful piece! I too love looking at the stars. I live in a rural area so I can even see the Milky Way. Quite awe inspiring!!
Hugs
SueAnn