Wednesday 3 June 2009

2010 diary project - sketch

2010 diary project sketch - ewian


I have received my spot on this fantastic project run by the Lucy, where artists and designers around the world create one diary page each. Each person signs up for a different day / page, designs it in black and white. There is 392 page in total, 364 date pages, 8 address pages, 3 notes pages, 12 months page, 2 introduction pages, and 2 year pages. All put together to a great, inspiring and delightful piece of work. The 2010 diary/almanac comes in both a book for and on a CD. You'll be able to see your own piece of work along with many others - it's a great way to show what you can do and see what others are doing too! There are spots still available so if you want to join, head over to http://www.fantazya.ca/diary2010.html reserve your page. To design a page you need to have a web space from where you sell or promote your art, personal website, personal blog, Etsy, Flickr, etc. Participation is free, it gives you a free publicity and you will have a discount on the book if you want one or more.

Here is the sketch that I have made, will keep working on it some more before I make it digital. The picture is a sketch of my sister and her husband to be (they are getting married this summer).

I am so excited and are looking forward to see how the pages are filled! I know there is a lot of creative people out there reading this blog it would be fun if you joined!





5 comments:

Artsnark said...

This is really cool - I just signed up!

pchickki said...

What a sweet drawing. What a fantastic project! This is awesome!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments.

I will add you to the list for the drawing.
Hugs
Patti

MagicMarkingsArt said...

Just signed up too, for Nov. 12 - my husband and my 22nd anniversary. :)
Thank you for passing this on.

Mescrap said...

It's must be very fun to have your sketch on the diary :)

* I love your sketch !!

Renmeleon said...

This little sketch of the couple reminds me of a family portrait I have sketched and on our wall. I will have to post it on Flickr so you can see it, it's funny how similar they are. Great minds think alike I guess. hehe Lovely little sketch. Like the softness of it.