Tuesday 3 March 2009

IF - breezy

IF - breezy - ewian
This weeks entry for Illustration Friday is breezy.

IF - breezy2 - ewian
I really liked this part of the illustration.

How did the inspiration for this illo come to life? Do you use open source? Like different kind of Ubuntu, Linux, Open Office, Firefox, Wordpress and so on? There is a version of Ubuntu called Breezy Badger, and the obvious illustration would have been a drunk badger. How ever my mind wandered and I wanted to spin around the Ubuntu logo.

When trying a open sours for the first time, I was not sure what to expect. Feeling like I was hanging in mid air and not that many people to help me if something was not the way I liked it to be. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised! I gave me a feeling of freedom, I could do what ever I wanted and still have full control that no virus would come and destroy it. It was this feeling was it that brought me to the next question. What kind of feeling do a person have that go jumping out of a plane? Would it be windy or just breezy? Would they have that same feeling of freedom? My illustration ended up with three people that are free falling.

This is how the Ubuntu logo looks like.
Medium used: charcoal and watercolour.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Very unique and good idea, something I probably wouldn't have thought of myself :) Sometimes coming up with good ideas for Illustration Friday is the hardest part. Thanks bunches for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :)

Sweet-Lemmon said...

This is great! Wonderful idea indeed!

:)

Leah said...

that's so cool! love the source of inspiration!

Leanne Ellis said...

Great interpretation of the topic! :)

Artsnark said...

Great illustration & love hearing about where the inspiration came from. Always fun to see what makes someone tick

Timaree said...

Loved hearing what inspired your picture. You did a great job with it too.

Artsnark said...

Hey Ewian! How have you been? Your package came in a couple weeks ago & I don't think I have thanked you yet - I am so sorry! But thanks so much!! I'll let you know when I finally come up with something. My 5 yr old loved your stamps & added them to his "collection"