Monday 3 November 2008

EDM # 6 - favorite well-loved object


This object is a wooden bowl, it is actually my grandmothers, it sits on her living room table and is filled with small paper pieces, manna-corn, on them is bible verses or to be more correct it says where to look up the bible verses. My grandmother use to draw one piece for everyone that was visiting and then read the verse before the went home. The faint letters on the bowl says "in memory of the peace, Narvik, 1945" As long as I can remember the bowl and the manna-corn has had the same colour tones always looked well used. This is me trying to capture a memory of my grandmother reading the bible verses to us before we left for the road home.



Medium used: watercolour pencils and colouring pencil.

2 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

What a lovely way to honor and cherish a beautiful memory! :)

Timaree said...

That is really neat - both the idea and your keeping it as a memory in your journal.