Friday 3 October 2008

ATC - porcelain flowers in the snow



ATC - artist trading cards - porcelain flowers in the snow

I was asked to participate in an ATC- swap, 26 cards that are alike. I have never made ATC's. So I said that I had to try it out. Here is my test round and this is how I did it.

Made a sketch. The inspiration is the porcelain flower, it is not made of porcelain is a real flower (picture her if you don't believe me). Well I imagined the flowers in the snow.



I cut up 30 cards, guessing there was going to be some mistakes. Stamped the brown leafstrukture. Drawed the porcelain flowers. Added the masking fluid in dot's. Made the centre of the flower with acrylic paint.


Added some iridescent medium thickly, to get a little structure.


Painted with watercolour ochre and shades of blue. Added a little bit of iridescent to get a little sparkle. Rubbed off the masking fluid.


Cut out words from magazines and old books. Stamped on the S. Just have to sign and write on the back of the cards.

A little trouble along the way when making the cards...
Well I had problems cutting it exaktly to size and finding enough of the word "porselen" did not want to copy.

Not sue what to do with the cards as this was only the test round and I am going to do the real challenge for the swap later. Have any suggestions?


A bit about ATC - ACEO

Artist Trading Cards are individual art miniatures which pass hand to hand. Artists make ATC for trade or self-promotion. The only rule for these cards is their 64 x 89 mm (2.5 by 3.5 inch)
There is no standard thickness for ATCs but people customarily make them thin enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets. The cards are created as unique works or small limited editions of prints. Artists generally sign and date the back, and may also include a title and contact information.

An offshoot of Artist Trading Cards are the "Art Cards, Editions, and Originals", ACEO. ACEOs originated when some artists began to create cards to sell, in addition to trading among themselves.


Links to find more about ATC:

www.flikr.com , just do a search for ATCs.

http://www.arttradermag.com , free online magazine containing ATC

http://www.artist-trading-cards.ch/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist_Trading_Cards

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Those are gorgeous, very simple and graceful. I have seen some hideous ATC, so full, you can not enjoy one thing.

Thanks for visiting my blog!